This is Welding Technology Course for Engineering Management Personnel, designed for both practising engineers and technical managers as well as those interested in keeping abreast with the current welding technologies. This course is beneficial for those who wish to gain an understanding of how a Welding Procedure Specification (WPS) and a welder, through the Welder Qualification Test (WQT), are qualified and certified in the oil & gas industry, and also addresses the effectiveness of current nondestructive examination techniques as quality control tools to ascertain that quality welds are consistently produced / maintained.
Date & Time
16 – 17 June 2020 | 9.00 am – 1.30 pm
Ir. Assoc. Prof. Dr. Edwin Jong
CPEng, CEng, FIEM, FIMM, FIMMM, AAE
- To apprehend welding technologies and requirements deemed necessary for safe design and construction.
- To understand the key activities in quality control welding and to know the key welding coordination activities.
- To know the responsibilities of welding co-ordination and to understand the application of ISO 3834 “Quality Requirements for Welding”
Who Should Attend?
This course is most beneficial to administrative staff, technical management personnel of all levels including junior and senior engineers, inspectors, designers, manufacturers, fabricators, technical managers and practising engineers who are involve in the management and planning of welding and inspection related activities as well as maintenance activities in upstream oil and gas
- Welding Quality
- Welding Procedure Qualification
- Welding Processes
- Materials and Weldability
- Welder Qualification
- Welding Inspection
E-Certificate provided after completing the training