Critical Thinking Skills With Coaching Elements For Leaders
Critical thinking is a reasonable and reflective thinking process focused on deciding what to do or believe based on feedback we received or experienced. A good critical thinker should have ability to thoroughly recognize and evaluate arguments and facts, and to use these things to come to a reasoned judgement and then to make a right decision. The core objective of this course is to enhance your ability to become a good critical thinking leader by applying proven coaching techniques to enhance team performance. You can then use these skills to become a better critical thinker throughout your life.
Time: 9.00 AM until 5.00 PM
- 20 – 21 March 2023
- 16 – 17 May 2023
- 5 – 6 July 2023
- 21 – 22 August 2023
- 20 – 21 September 2023
- 8 – 9 November 2023
- 15 – 16 January 2024
- 8 – 9 May 2024
- 2 – 3 September 2024
- 18 – 19 November 2024
- Define the term critical thinking, problem solving and decision making
- Recognize the requirements for critical thinking and problem solving
- Distinguish key elements involved in creative thinking cycle
- Identify key mental blocks that inhibit critical thinking & problem solving
- Apply leadership skills using critical thinking tools & techniques in managing team performance
- Analyze key influencing factors that lead to problems at workplace
- Prioritize issues to resolve based on specified approach
- Anticipate problems through proactive planning and creative thinking
- Apply coaching techniques to motivate and stimulate people to think critically
Why should a leader become a better critical thinker?
- The skills that you attained in this course will help you to change our thinking process by emphasizing the use of logical process, solid arguments, and factual evidence rather than senseless emotion and feeling.
- Critical thinking skills are valuable in many spheres of life. Leaders who consistently practice critical thinking will make better decision for his team and organization. A person with strong critical thinking skills cares more about forming accurate and justified beliefs for his own benefit and others.
- Poor reasoning, bad arguments and evidence often hurts other people. Leaders may have made pointless direction based on faulty decision making and intelligence which later may impair organization’s strategic goals.
- Introduction to the concept of Critical Thinking and Problem Solving.
- Critical Thinking as a leadership tool to influence and engage others to think critically
- Level of Self-Awareness and how our brain thinks –Opinion vs Facts?
- Generate, Analyze, Evaluate and Implement Ideas-Artistic/ Analytical/ Operational/ Relational
- Type of reasonings – Deductive vs Inductive
- Strategic vs Tactical vs Operational Thinking at your Workplace for Leaders
- Analyzing Problems and making decision – Reasoning and Making Logical Analysis
- Group Activities and Games
- Barriers to Critical Thinking – Belief/ Values/ Mindset
- Steps for Effective Problem-Solving Techniques
- Analyzing for Effective Problem-Solving Techniques
- Using Critical Thinking tools to excite positivity at your workplace i.e. Root Cause Analysis, 5 Whys, Mindmapping
and DeBono Thinking Hats
- Being a ‘Thinking Coach’ – What is your plan as a leader?
- How to inspire critical thinking in team and organization using coaching techniques
- Strategic Planning and Scenario Planning – preparing for uncertainty in future environment in 5 Steps
- Group Activities and Games
Certificate of Completion