Certified Cathodic Protection Practitioner Level 3
This is a 4 days training & certification course consisting of theory lectures, case studies, and assessment.
This program is aimed to examine the knowledge and experience of the candidate who is expected to have acquired sufficient skills as a cathodic protection practitioner in order for him/her to manage a team of cathodic protection engineers, technicians and supervisors as well as to communicate with the stakeholders. He/she shall be examined not only in terms of technical knowledge and technical code- of-conduct and integrity, but also on his/her capabilities to manage a team of personnel under his/her wing.
- Electricity relevant to CP applications and measurements
- Corrosion, electrochemistry and coatings relevant to CP
- Theory, principles and criteria of CP
- Requirements related to application of CP
- Application methods of CP, galvanic anodes, impressed current
- CP measurements and test procedures
- Relevance of voltage gradient errors and influence on structure to electrolyte potential measurement
- Factors influencing the correct selection of reference electrodes for potential measurements
- Effects of excessive CP on coatings, high-yield strength steels and corrosion-resistant alloys
- Diagnostics of CP systems
- Interference conditions (alternating current and direct current)
- Standards and Codes of Practice relevant in CP practices.
- Health, Safety and Environmental issues relating to CP practices.
- Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct of all CP persons.
- Interpersonal communication skills.
- Report writing and technical analytical skills relating to CP practices including design calculations.
Who Should Attend
Cathodic Protection Technicians & Corrosion Engineers, Managers, and all involved in the maintenance, design, and specifications.
Candidate without experience is required to attend IMM approved/recognized training course which prepares and provides comprehensive guidance and practice aligned to the topics covered in the examination.
IMM Certified Cathodic Protection Practitioner Level 3
Time: 9.00 AM until 5.00 PM
- 20 – 23 November 2023