IMM Protective Coating Technician Level 1 & Level 2 (Training)
CODE: PCTT L1L2
Skilled and competent blaster & painter are demanded in many industries, especially Oil & Gas, Marine, and Heavy Engineering industries. This certification program aims to provide individuals’ knowledge and skills recognition in certifying and acknowledging their capability and competency. The certification program also comes with a 1-day assessment for experienced personnel to assess their theoretical knowledge and practical hands-on skills as a blaster and/or painter.
The competency program is designed to ensure competent personnel understands the surface preparation and painting mechanisms and are able to relate them to their real work practices. Competent personnel will also be ensured to be able to simulate recommended industry practices in operating surface preparation, blasting, and painting.
- Introduction to corrosion.
- Understanding corrosion- types, factors affecting corrosion and effects of corrosion
- Standards and paint materials data sheets
- Composition and important types of paint
- Surface preparation and related techniques
- Application of paint
- Paint faults and coating defects
- Quality assurance checks
- Health, safety and environment – hazards, safety features and preventive measures
- About coating fingerprinting
Who Should Attend
Experienced and non-experience individual who has the interest to gain proper knowledge of basting & painting and looking for a potential job in the field.
2 years of blasting and/or painting experience. Candidates with less than 2 years of experience must submit a testimonial from the employer or client to demonstrate their eligibility
- Competency Certificate of IMM Certified Protective Coatings Technician Level 1 (Blaster/Painter) or
- IMM Certified Protective Coatings Technician (Blaster & Painter) Multi-skills.
English / Bahasa Malaysia
Time: 9.00 AM until 5.00 PM
- 24 – 28 JULY 2023
- 4 – 8 DECEMBER 2023
- 4 – 8 MARCH 2024
- 23 – 27 SEPTEMBER 2024