IMM Protective Coating Technician Level 1 & Level 2 (1-Day Assessment)
CODE : PCTA L1L2
Skilled and competent blaster & painter are demanded in many industries especially Oil & Gas, Marine, and Heavy Engineering Industry. This certification program aims to provide individuals’ knowledge and skills recognition in certifying and acknowledging their capability and competency. The certification program also comes with 4 days of intensive training to up-skill non or little experience personnel and even to re-skill experienced personnel. Upon completion of this program, the participants will be able to understand and get familiar with the standard industry practice and techniques in achieving excellent workmanship demanded by client specifications.
The training and competency program is designed to ensure competent personnel understands the surface preparation and painting mechanisms and are able to relate them to their real work practices. Competent personnel will also be ensured to be able to simulate recommended industry practices in operating surface preparation, blasting, and painting.
- Understanding corrosion- types, factors affecting corrosion and effects of corrosion
- Standards and paint materials data sheets
- Composition and important types of paint
- Surface preparation and related techniques
- Application of paint
- Paint faults and coating defects
- Quality assurance checks
- Health, safety and environment – hazards, safety features and preventive measures
- About coating fingerprinting
Who Should Attend
Experienced and non-experience individual who has the interest to gain proper knowledge of basting & painting and looking for a potential job in the field.
- (i) Minimum academic qualification – SPM or equivalent
- (ii) 2 years of blasting and/or painting experience. Candidates with less than 2 years experience must submit a testimonial from employer or client to demonstrate their eligibility
- Competency Certificate of IMM Certified Protective Coatings Technician Level 1 (Blaster/Painter) or
- IMM Certified Protective Coatings Technician (Blaster & Painter) Multi-skills.
English / Bahasa Malaysia
Time: 9.00 AM until 5.00 PM
- 21 January 2022
- 18 February 2022
- 18 March 2022
- 14 April 2022
- 14 May 2022
- 24 Jun 2022
- 15 July 2022
- 18 August 2022
- 22 September 2022
- 20 October 2022
- 17 November 2022
- 16 December 2022