Coating Fingerprint Quality Controller Level 1
CODE: FPQC L1
The oil & gas and petrochemical industries with implement the requirement for Coating Fingerprint Certificate (equivalent to the Mill Certificate for Metals) for all the protective coatings and paints supplied to the oil & gas and petrochemical operators. As such, paint manufactures will be required to engage a “IMM Certified Coating Fingerprint Quality Controller” to conduct FTIR structural tests and all associated physical tests to produce a Coating Fingerprint Certificate. This course aims to formalize or improve the skills of carrying out basic quality control test using Fourier Transform Infra-Red (FTIR) method for structural analysis and other related physical analyses (e.g chemical and corrosion tests) associated with protective coatings. The course uses formal lectures, demonstrations & extensive practical exercises as teaching methods.
This course will equip the trainee with the knowledge and skills in FTIR analysis for authentication of coating fingerprinting, equipment, mechanics of the FTIR testing, appreciation of the strengths and limitations of FTIR method, interpretation & analysis of FTIR results, and exposure to FTIR sample analysis in the classroom.
- Coating Fingerprint Certificate
- Sampling standards of materials
- FTIR analysis standard for protective coatings
- Basic introduction to FTIR
- Basic application of a FTIR software
- Generation of reference FTIR spectrum
- Estimation of degree of similarity in samples
- Rejection and acceptance for samples
- Dos and Don’ts in FTIR analysis
- Running samples using ATR accessories
- Interpretation of FTIR test results
- Quality Control tools in a FTIR software
- Data analysis using a commercial FTIR software
Who Should Attend
This course has been designed specifically for persons carrying out assessment of quality control and quality assurance on coating systems, or those on the behalf of their employer, such as quality assurance managers and supervisors for coating contractors, representatives of coating suppliers, end-client project supervisors and QA/QC personnel, analyst of testing laboratories, coating inspectors, paint factory chemists and assistant chemists, paint QC technicians, etc. It will also be of interest to estimators, steel fabricators and structural engineers involved in designing or maintaining steel structures.
- Personnel with competency certificate of IMM Certified Coating Inspector Level 2 (or equivalent) or
Attended IMM Coating Fingerprint Foundation course
IMM Certified Coating Fingerprint Quality Controller Level 1
Time: 9.00 AM until 5.00 PM
- 16-17 April 2022